Dating in rawalpindi
The district of Sukkur was constituted in 1901 out of part of Shikarpur District.
Sukkur saw a significant socio-economic uplift after the 1930s, when the British built the world’s largest barrage here on the Indus River.
A building was erected around 1545 AD (952 AH) by Mir Muhammad, the then reigning Kalhora Prince, for the special reception of a holy Hair. It is called ‘Mir Masum Shah Jo Minaro’ in Sindhi language. Sateen Jo Aastan is located on the left bank of the Indus River near Rohri on a small hill. On it is a Hindu religious establishment found in AD 1823 by Swami Bakhandi Maharaj Udasi.
This conical shaped minaret was built around 1607 AD (26 metres in circumference, 31 metres in height with 84 steps to the top). A building on the southern side of the hill is called Satbhain (Seven Sisters). It is a sacred pilgrimage place for Hindus throughout Sindh and even in India. To visit Sadh Belo one requires a permission from the department of Auqaf to go there. The shrine of a saint Khawaja Khizar, known as ‘Zinda Pir’ (also called “Jind Pir”) was built around 925 AD on a small island called “Hajee ka Tau” located north of Bukkur island fort, Sukkur.
Later, the arched Ayub Bridge was inaugurated on May 6, 1962 and railway traffic was shifted there.
Single Rajput rishta for Marriage, Shaadi in Rawalpindi city.According to folklore seven unmarried female friends resided here who veiled themselves from all males. It was initially for the children of railway personnel, but in 1897 it was opened to all local people. Unfortunately except the island, nothing much remains of this structure today. A guard is standing outside a bungalow close to railway line and Indus River in Sukkur. The photograph taken by Henry Cousens shows the shrine of a saint Khawaja Khizar, known as ‘Zinda Pir’ (also called “Jind Pir”).But for the fear of a tyrannical Raja, they disappeared in a cave in the side of a hill. Probably this folklore has its origins in the Hindu ritual of satti, where widows burnt themselves on their dead husband’s pyre. On one of the smaller hills that arises out of the river bank on the south has a leveled platform on which there are many carved gravestones. It was housed in a railway bungalow and shifted to its own building on . It is probably at the construction site of Llyod Barrage (Construction started in 1923 and inaugurated on 13 January 1932). The shrine was built around 925 AD on a small island called “Hajee ka Tau” located north of Bukkur island fort, Sukkur.Sukkur has been an important strategic centre and trading route from time immemorial.Alor (or Aror, Sukkur) held the status of capital under the reign of Musikanos, when Alexander invaded the region in 326 BC.